2020 Outdoor Pool Season
Olathe Parks & Rec will have a limited outdoor pool season by opening Black Bob Bay and Mill Creek Pool to Olathe residents and non-residents (limited sessions). Frontier and Oregon Trail pools will not open this year. Due to the limited season, renewing or purchasing Splash Passes for 2020 is not available.
Residents and non-residents will be required to register and pay online for a two-hour session. To help encourage social distancing, a maximum of 300 spots at Black Bob Bay and 100 spots at Mill Creek Pool will be available during each two-hour session - 25 percent of capacity at each facility.
Online registration is strongly encouraged. Registration by phone (913-971-8563) is available but hold times may increase due to high-call volume.
Guests must register and pay online prior to admission. Although children ages 2 and under are free, they will still need to be registered.
|Age Group||BLACK BOB BAY (Sunday-saturday)||MILL CREEK POOL (friday-sunday)|
|Ages 2 & Under||Free||Free|
|Ages 3-61||$5 Olathe Residents/$8 Non-residents||$5 Olathe Residents/$8 Non-residents|
|Ages 62 & Up||$3||$3|
What to Expect
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Guests are asked to bring their own towels and chairs
- Limited concessions will be available
- Check in at each pool will begin 15 minutes prior to the session starting
- Registration, which opens each Wednesday for the following week, will be available with restrictions
- To register and pay, use an existing or new Olathe Parks & Rec account on Olathe ACTIVE
- Guests may register for more than one session in a day; however, they will be required to exit the pool and check in again between consecutive sessions
- No refunds unless pools are closed by Olathe Parks & Rec
- Be sure to check the Rainout Line for updates on delays or closures