Site development plans illustrate proposed development of a specified parcel of land including location and design of:
- Utility layouts
- Parking arrangements
- Public access
- Street patterns
- Drainage controls
- Existing vegetation and natural features
- Other similar features.
The Olathe Planning Commission reviews preliminary and final site development plans to determine if they demonstrate a satisfactory quality of design:
- In the individual buildings and the site,
- In the appropriateness of the building or buildings to the intended use,
- In the aesthetic appropriateness of the development to its surroundings.
A Pre-Application Meeting is required to submit a formal application for the Planning Commission Agenda.
Preliminary Site Development Plans:
A preliminary site development plan is required for office, commercial, business complexes, and multi-family developments. The preliminary site development plan may be more schematic and general in nature, addressing conceptual requirements. A preliminary site development plan is typically submitted along with the rezoning application.
Final Site Development Plans:
The final site development plan will not significantly change from the approved preliminary site development plan. A final site development plan application will require more detail than the preliminary site development plan.
- Pre-Application Meeting Request
- Administrative Review Process and Application
- Neighborhood Meeting Policy
- Plan Review Process and Application
- Development Review Schedule
- Planning Application Fees
- Public Comment Guidelines
- Solid Waste Guidelines for Plan Review
- Unified Development Ordinance, Chapter 18.40.110