All residents who own, keep, or harbor any dog or cat six months old and older must license the animal with the City of Olathe.*
Pet License Instructions
Step 1: Gather required documentation of the following from a licensed veterinarian:
- Current Rabies Vaccination Certificate: Ensure all owner and animal information is accurate.
- Spay or Neuter Certificate: This information may be noted on the rabies certificate
Step 2: Submit required documentation.
- Online at License Your Pet
- In person at Customer Service, 1385 S. Robinson Dr., Olathe, KS.
- In Person or by mail to the Olathe Animal Shelter, 505 E. Sunvale Dr, Olathe, Ks
Optional: Microchip information to expedite the return of lost pets can be entered into the City database at no charge.
License Fees are non-refundable.
|Permanent-Renewable Tag||1 Year||2 Year||3 Year|
|Spayed or neutered dog or cat||$10||$18||$25|
|Replacement Tag - Rabies Vaccination Certificate Required||$5||$5||$5|
Other Fees are non-refundable.
|Dead Animal Removal/Disposal||$35 per animal|
|Dangerous Dog License*||$150 per dog|
$25 per altered animal**
$50 per unaltered animal***
$50 per altered animal**
$100 per unaltered animal***
$100 per altered animal**
$200 unaltered animal***
$200 per altered animals**
$400 per unaltered animals***
$300 per altered animals**
$500 per unaltered animals***
|Boarding||$20 per day|
Based on availability at the Olathe Animal Shelter
Euthanasia is available, by appointment, for behavior or medical reason.
$75 for surrender
$35 for euthanasia
|Live Trap Deposit||$75 per trap|
*Olathe Municipal Code Title 8 - Animals
**Altered animals are spayed or neutered.
***Unaltered animals are not spayed or neutered.