Operation Lifeline is a free program for residents of Olathe.
- Police volunteers make daily telephone calls to persons who don’t have anyone to check on them.
- Operation Lifeline members provide the Olathe Police Department (OPD) with a key to their residence.
- The residence key is stored in a locked box by the OPD.
- The police volunteer will contact the OPD if the Operation Lifeline member does not answer their phone.
An OPD officer will respond and enter the Operation Lifeline member’s residence with the key.
- Members must live within Olathe city limits.
- Members must have no family members living in the immediate area who are able to check on them on a regular basis.
- Members must provide a key to their residence to the OPD.
Contact the Community Outreach Unit at OlatheConnect or 971-7500 for additional information.