The purpose of the Investigations Division is to identify and investigate person(s) suspected of criminal acts with the City of Olathe. Many investigations are completed in weeks; however, other investigations may take years for resolution.
Typical Investigation Process
- A crime victim reports a criminal incident.
- The responding police officer writes and forwards a report to the Investigations Division.
- The Investigations Division uses established criteria to assign a case to a detective.
- The Crime Scene Investigations Unit collects and processes evidence.
- Aggravated battery, aggravated assault, aggravated criminal threat, and aggravated weapons violation
- Child abuse
- Domestic violence
- Elder abuse
- Family-based sex crimes and other family-related crime
- Hate crime
- Missing persons
- Suspicious unattended death
- Computer-related crimes
- Identity theft
- Illegal gambling
- Theft from a structure or a vehicle
- Vehicle theft
Narcotics Crimes include all drug/narcotics related cases.
Call 913-971-7500 to report a concern or request additional information.
Call 913-971-7897 to report illegal narcotics activity.
Contact the Olathe Police Department at OlatheConnect.