The Olathe Police Department (OPD) is committed to providing the best service possible. Your comments are essential to succeed in this goal.
Report a Police Complaint
An inquiry or a complaint can be presented by:
- US Mail to the Olathe Police Department at 501 E. Old 56 Hwy., Olathe, KS, 66061
- Phone at 913-971-7500
- FAX at 913-971-5257
- Online at Report a Police Complaint
- In-person at the Olathe Police Department
The OPD does not tolerate unlawful discrimination.
- It shall be unlawful for any Olathe law enforcement officer to engage in racial profiling or biased-based policing.
- Members of the OPD will comply with K.S.A. 22-4610.
- If an investigation reveals that an Olathe law enforcement officer was in direct violation of OPD written directives regarding racial profiling/biased-based policing, the OPD shall take appropriate action consistent with applicable laws, written directives, resolutions, ordinances, and employment practices.
Kansas law K.S.A. 22-4610 prohibits the practice of racial or other biased-based policing by any law enforcement officer.
- "Racial or Other Biased-Based Policing" means the unreasonable use of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or religion by an agent in deciding to initiate an enforcement action.
- It is not racial or other biased-based policing when race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or religion is used in combination with other identifying factors as part of a specific individual description to initiate an enforcement action.
- “Enforcement action” means any law enforcement act during a nonconsensual contact with an individual or individuals.
If you believe that you have been the subject of racial or other biased-based policing by an Olathe law enforcement officer, you may: