Commercial Vehicle Inspectors
The Commercial Motor Vehicle Unit includes three full-time Olathe Police officers:
- Officers enforce all local, state, and federal laws that pertain to commercial vehicles, including commercial vehicles originating in Mexico and Canada operating within the United States.
- Officers are Level 1 D.O.T. inspectors certified under the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance.
- Contact Commercial Vehicle Inspectors at 913-971-6791.
- All motorcycle officers are required to pass a strenuous two-week police motorcycle certification course and a one-week Field Training program before they are allowed to conduct enforcement on their own.
- One motorcycle officer is a certified Police Motorcycle Instructor.
- Olathe Municipal Code Title 10 - Vehicles and Traffic
- School Bus FlyBy - For Bus Driver use only.
- OlatheConnect - Review criteria, weight ratings, and commercial driver license (CDL) requirements.