The Procurement Office is the centralized purchasing office responsible for making purchases of products and services for all City of Olathe departments.
- Current bid opportunities
- Submit bid and proposal documents through Public Purchase
- Vendor registration instructions
- Bids and Proposal process
- The City disposes of all surplus property through Public Surplus and Purple Wave.
- These services are open to the public
- Registration for surplus property is free to view and bid for items
The City's procurement staff has professional memberships with and subscribes to the code of ethics of the following organizations as they relate to the individual certifications:
- NIGP: The Institute for Public Procurement
- MARC: Mid America Council of Public Procurement
- MACPP: Mid America Council of Public Procurement
- NAPCP: National Association of Purchasing card Professionals
The City's Procurement Division has received prestigious awards from the following organizations which measure innovation, professionalism, productivity, and leadership attributes of the procurement organization.
- NPI: Achievement of Excellence in Procurement (AEP)
- UPPCC: Agency Certification Award
- UPPCC: Sterling Agency Award