Due to COVID-19, the development review process has temporarily changed:
Plan review procedures
- Please upload an electronic copy of the plan online. (Hard copies of plans are no longer required.)
- City Development Review Staff will either issue a Comment Review Letter or enter comments directly into the comments section in the online application portal. You will be notified when comments are available.
- Please upload electronic copies of Inspection Agreement Packets with Bonds online. All applicants must still file necessary bonds with the County as required.
- Pay fees one of two ways:
- By check at Customer Service (1385 S Robinson Dr.). Checks must be submitted with transmittal slip clearly stating permit, PUBD, or LDP number, project name, improvement type and contact information. Checks without this information may be rejected. (Please note, it may take up to 72 hours to process checks due to COVID-19.)
Plan release for construction
- Please drop off final hard copy plans (three sets) at Customer Service (1385 S Robinson Dr.).
- City development review staff will get necessary signatures on the plan sets. (Please note, it may take up to 72 hours to get all signatures due to COVID-19.)
- City staff will notify applicants when plan sets are ready and released for construction. Engineers can then coordinate pickup of signed plans from City Inspections.
The City of Olathe welcomes potential new development and businesses to the community!
Olathe offers a healthy economic environment where businesses thrive and prosper.
Below you will find resources you need to get started on your new development project.
If you are planning to open a new business in Olathe, please review the new business brochure, which includes important requirements and frequently asked questions about opening a business.
- Backflow Prevention/Cross Connection
- Building Codes
- Connecting to Water and Sewer
- Licenses and Permits
- Online Permit Application (EnerGov)
- System Development and Connection Fees for Water and Sewer
- Technical Specifications and Standard Design Details
- Agreement and Bond Documents
- Alarm System Registration
- Annexation Documents
- Annexation Maps
- Backflow Prevention Documents
- City Clerk
- Community Enhancement
- Dedication and Easement Documents
- Demographic Reports
- Development Review and Minor Plat Schedule
- Internet Resources
- Parking Lot Permit Application
- Planning Application Packets
- Planning and Development Map
- Planning Fees and Taxes Documents
- Plans and Studies
- Plot Plan Requirements
- Public Input Documents
- Right-Of-Way Documents
- Sewer and Water Connection Documents
- Stormwater Documents
- Transportation Documents
- Unified Development Ordinance