Adopt-A-Stream is a volunteer program that provides a partnership between the City and organized groups from schools, churches and businesses to promote community service in Olathe and help the environment.
Visit the Adopt-A-Stream Map to see what streams are available for adoption.
- The City provides free materials such as trash bags, and gloves.
- The City collects trash bags along the stream way after each clean-up event.
- Insurance is not provided by the City of Olathe.
- Participants must have a responsible adult to organize and supervise group members to ensure a safe cleanup event environment and a clean job.
1.Contact us to learn if an Adopt-A-Stream group is formed in your area of interest.
2.Visit Volunteer Opportunities to submit a Group Volunteer Application.
3.Wait for the City to contact you.
4.Organize a date for your cleanup event.
5.Contact us a week before each cleanup event.
The City will:
- Schedule delivery of free materials such as trash bags, and gloves.
- Schedule free City collection of trash bags after your cleanup event.
Contact us after each cleanup to notify how many hours your group volunteered.
- Build civic pride
- Beautify creeks and streams
- Increase safety
- Decrease litter and pollutants in our lakes and streams
- Help our environment.
Contact Adopt-A-Stream at OlatheConnect or call 913-971-9042 for additional information.