Olathe Municipal Code prohibits truck traffic on designated streets.
- Ridgeview Road between intersections with Park Street and Dennis Avenue
- Dennis Avenue between intersections with Ridgeview Road and Church Street
- 111th Street (College Boulevard) between K-7 and 1/2 mile east of Ridgeview Road
- 119th Street between K-10 and Woodland Road
- Woodland Road between K-10 and Northgate Street
- Iowa Street between Harold Street and 119th Street
- Lone Elm Road between Harold Street and K-10
- Dennis Avenue between K-7 and Lakeshore Drive
- Lakeshore Drive between Dennis Avenue and 151st Street
- Harold Street between Kansas City Road and K-7
- All collector and local streets
The City of Olathe defines "Prohibited Truck" as any truck, other commercial vehicle, or any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) or gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 16,000 pounds or more, or any vehicle used in the transportation of hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placards to be displayed.
Certain vehicles with allowed uses are exempt from this ordinance when taking the most direct route to their specified destination. However, restricted streets may not be used as through routes.
This exemption applies to:
- city vehicles
- county vehicles
- emergency vehicles
- franchised utility maintenance vehicles;
- garbage collection
- school vehicles
- delivery vehicles