All residential solid waste customers have access to recycling at the curb.
- Trash collection at the curb every week.
- Recyclables collection at the curb every other week.
- Yard Waste collection at the curb every week.
- A 65-gallon blue recycling cart.
- A 95-gallon blue recycling cart can be provided, free of charge, upon request.
- An additional 95-gallon blue recycling cart can be provided, free of charge, upon request, if the current cart has already been upgraded to a 95-gallon cart.
The Recycling Process
- Identify curbside recycling items.
- Place recycling items commingled loosely in the blue recycling cart.
- Place the recycling cart at the curb before 8:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
- Know that recyclables and household trash are collected separately.
Materials that do not meet the guidelines below will not be collected, for the safety of City employees.
- Collect recyclables loosely in the blue recycling cart provided by the City. There is no need to sort.
- Close the cart lid to keep materials dry and avoid littering your neighborhood.
- Mixed paper should be dry.
- Mixed paper can be placed loosely in the cart, tied in bundles, or bagged in brown paper sacks.
- All containers should be rinsed.
- Labels are okay. They do not have to be removed.
- Place lids inside tin cans and pinch the cans closed.
- Flatten or cut cardboard to pieces no longer than 4' x 4' and place them beside the recycling cart.
- Remove waxed paper liners or packing materials from cardboard and chipboard.