Limbs and brush less than four inches in diameter are collected.
- Place all yard waste within eight feet of the curb before 8:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- Grass clippings, leaves, and small plant trimmings must be placed in compostable paper yard waste bags or a YardCart.
- There is no limit to the amount of yard waste bags placed at the curb each week.
- Yard waste bags can be used in addition to a YardCart.
- Plastic bags are not collected because they are not compostable.
- Limbs and brush must be:
- Less than 4 inches in diameter
- Less than 4 feet in length
- Securely tied in bundles weighing less than 50 pounds
Christmas trees must have the following removed:
- Plastic bags
Bulk Item Pick-Up
Limbs and brush greater than four inches in diameter are collected.
Composting Facility Drop-Off
- Open to Olathe residents only, free of charge.
- Photo ID is required as proof of residency.
- Materials not accepted:
- Plastic Bags
- Free Mulch and Compost
Olathe residents can pick up free compost and wood-chip mulch processed through Yard Waste Recycling.
- Residents should bring a shovel and container to self-load the materials.
- Residents should call 913-971-5178 to confirm availability of processed materials and hours of operation.