Contact the City (913-971-9311) if your sewer produces an odor. Sewer gas and odors typically enter through a dry trap or floor drain:
- Dry traps are in place to hold water so that sewer gasses do not enter the home or business.
- In the event of sewer odor, pour water into all drains, particularly drains not often used, and then ventilate the area.
- The property owner may need to hire a plumber to investigate and address sewer issue(s) if odor persists.
If sewage backs up into a basement, contact the City (913-971-9311) immediately to assess the situation.
- City crews will respond to determine where the sewer line is blocked.
- The City makes repairs if the blockage is located in the sewer main.
- The property owner may need to hire a plumber to make repairs if the blockage is located in the service line, located from the main connection to the private property.