Olathe residents can schedule a curbside pick-up of large or bulky household items on their scheduled trash collection day.
Bulk Pick-Up Process
- All items must be placed within eight feet of the curb before 8 a.m. on trash collection day.
- All items placed at the curb will be collected with the understanding that everything is disposable.
- Bulk items are picked up mechanically with equipment designed for big furniture and appliances.
- The mechanical process offers no safe way to set aside containers or other items.
- Yard Waste items, such as brush or limbs, must be placed in a separate pile to distinguish them from other bulky items. Limbs can not exceed 15 feet in length.
- The City does not pick-up containers purchased at local retailers or "bagsters."
- Automobile tire pick-up includes two tires for $10 minimum. Pick-up for additional tires is $5 each.
- Household items, construction debris or brush pick-up is $20 for up to 15 minutes of loading time.
- Refrigerated appliance (refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners) pick-up for $30 each.
- Semi-truck tire pick-up is $10 each.
- Additional fees of $20 apply for pick-ups scheduled outside the regular trash collection day.
- Additional fees apply for Yard Waste such as brush or limbs, over 20 cubic yards with travel time to the Composting Facility between loads.