Olathe residents and businesses can schedule a curbside pick-up of large or bulky items on their scheduled trash collection day.
Bulk Pick-Up Process
- All items must be placed within eight feet of the curb before 8 a.m. on trash collection day.
- All items placed at the curb will be collected with the understanding that everything is disposable.
- Bulk items are picked up mechanically with equipment designed for big furniture and appliances.
- The mechanical process offers no safe way to set aside containers or other items.
- Yard waste items, such as brush or limbs, must be placed in a separate pile to distinguish them from other bulky items. Limbs can not exceed 15 feet in length.
- The City does not pick-up containers purchased at local retailers or "bagsters."
Household items, construction debris or brush pick-up is $20 per 15 minutes of loading time with a $20 minimum.
In addition to the $20 minimum loading fee, additional fees may be charged.
- Automobile tires are $5 per tire with a $10 minimum.
- Semi-truck tires are $10 each.
- Refrigerated appliance (refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners) pick-up is $30 per appliance.
- Pick-ups scheduled outside the regular trash collection day will be charged an additional flat rate of $20 for the first 15 minutes of load time.
- Additional fees may apply for yard waste (brush or limbs) over 20 cubic yards to account for travel time to the Composting Facility between loads.
Business items, construction debris or brush pick-up is $50 per 15 minutes of loading time.
- Pick-ups scheduled outside the regular trash collection day will be charged an additional flat rate of $50 for the first 15 minutes of load time.
- Must be a City of Olathe trash customer to utilize bulk item pick-up services.