Senior citizens residing in Olathe may qualify for a monthly credit on City water sewer, and stormwater service charges.
- A $4 credit will be applied toward the water and sewer service charge.
- A $1 credit will be applied toward the stormwater fee.
- Qualification must be renewed by the applicant every year.
The City has established the following criteria for qualification:
- Applicants must be 65 years-of-age or older.
- Applicants must have a total household income equal to or less than one-half the median income ($38,258) in Olathe, per the 2012 Census.
- Applicants must reside at the address for which the discount applies.
The application process:
- Applicants must complete an application at the Customer Service office, located at 1385 S. Robinson.
- Applicants must provide proof of identity, age, and annual income.
- The City will verify the applicant’s identity with a photo ID.
The City will accept the following documents as proof of age and identification:
- Birth Certificate or naturalization papers.
- Current photo driver’s license.
- Photo identification card (federal, state, or local.)
- U.S. military identification card.
- Merchant Mariner card (issued by the Coast Guard.)
- U.S. passport (issued by U.S. Department of State.)
- Consular card or visa issued by a foreign government through its consulate offices or state department to nationals residing outside of such foreign nation regardless of their immigration status.
- Other documents may apply.
The City will accept the following documents as proof of annual income:
- Annual Social Security Benefit award letter.
- Bank statement, if a monthly benefit is recorded by a direct deposit.
- Most recent tax return.
- Food Stamp Award document.
- Document from any governmental agency qualifying the applicant for assistance.