Digging without calling can disrupt service to an entire neighborhood, harm you and those around you, and potentially result in fines and repair costs. Personal injury, dangerous environmental conditions, and extensive property damage can be avoided if underground utilities are located before you dig.
Schedule utility location service in 2 easy steps!
For emergency utility location service, please call 913-971-9311 (24 hours a day)
City of Olathe water and sewer lines must also be located before digging occurs.
- Water mains within the right-of-way and utility easements must be located by the City of Olathe.
- Water service lines between the water meter and the water main must be located by the City of Olathe.
- Water service lines between the water meter and the house and lawn irrigation systems are the responsibility of the homeowner and will not be located by the City of Olathe.
- Sanitary sewer mains must be located by the City of Olathe.
- Sanitary sewer service lines are the responsibility of the homeowner and will not be located by the City of Olathe.
Requests for water and sewer locates are not required if you will be hand-digging (no heavy or powered excavation equipment of any kind.)
Utility locate service is suspended when City offices are closed in observance of Holidays.
If you require a locate for irrigation in street medians or right-of-way areas, call 913-971-9703 (two business days notice required).
WaterOne (Water District No. 1 of Johnson County) provides water service to some of the residences within the City of Olathe. Contact WaterOne (913-895-1806) for water locates if they are the service provider within the area of the proposed excavation activity.