- Citizens Police Academy
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- CPR – A FREEway To Save A Life
- Olathe Civic Academy
Crowd Manager Requirement and Training
A trained crowd manager is required for outdoor or indoor events where more than 1,000 people gather.
Visit Olathe Municipal Code Title 16 – Fire Prevention for additional information.
Two options are available for training online:
Fire Extinguisher Training
The Olathe Fire Department (OFD) offers fire extinguisher training for businesses, schools and civic associations.
- Students learn in the classroom and then they extinguish a fire.
- The class host may choose to use the OFD fire extinguisher simulator or a small, controlled fire.
- If a controlled fire is chosen, the host must provide the extinguishers. A 10-pound ABC extinguisher, per every four students, is recommended.
- Casual dress is encouraged for this class.
- Schedule Fire Extinguisher Training