The Olathe Community Center will open its doors to the public on Monday, June 8. The City of Olathe appreciates your patience as staff works to ensure the community center reopens safely. Below are some changes you can expect.
If you have any questions, please call 913-971-8563 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., or email Recreation@OlatheKS.org.
Please note the Olathe Community Center has adjusted its hours. Child Watch will not be open at this time. The community rooms will be available starting June 13.
- Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. (closed from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. on weekdays for cleaning)
- Saturday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pool Schedule (beginning June 15)
- A limited number of people will be allowed in the lobby for registrations and membership purchases
- Only 45 people or fewer will be allowed in each gym, on the fitness floor and track and in the locker room at any given time depending on the activity
- A maximum of 21 users can be accommodated in the cardio area at any one time; some pieces will be temporarily "out of use" to encourage social distancing
- A maximum of 15 users can be accommodated in the strength equipment area at any one time
- A select group of fitness classes are being moved into one of the gymnasiums to accommodate up to 44 individuals
- Individuals attending fitness classes are being asked to bring their own fitness or yoga mat
- The gymnasiums will be available for limited pickleball and basketball
- Pickleball doubles play will be allowed; participants must bring their own balls and paddles
- Basketball will be allowed with no more than 6 people at each goal; game play will not be allowed during this time; participants must bring their own basketball
- The indoor pools will open Monday, June 15
- Child watch services will be closed until further notice
- Active Agers Cards and Drop Ins are cancelled until further notice
- Both the front desk and the fitness desk will have plexiglass for extra precaution
- Touchless check-in is available at the two scan stations at the front desk
- Three additional and portable sanitizing stations will be available
- The lobby furniture will be removed until it is deemed safe to have it out again
- Plan ahead and come prepared for your activity as to limit the time in the facility
- Sanitize your hands upon arriving and before leaving; additional sanitation stations will be available
- Wearing a mask or cloth to cover your face is recommended
- Continue practicing social distancing when possible
- Please stay home if you feel or have been ill or if you have been exposed to COVID-19
- Participants must wipe down all equipment before and after each
- No super sets allowed; you must only use one piece of equipment at a time and wipe down before and after use
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing
Anyone who remained a member during the closure at any point will have their plan extended by the number of days closed while their plan was active.
The Olathe Community Center has a variety of group exercise classes, a fitness floor with weights and cardio equipment, an indoor walking/jogging track, a gym with three basketball courts, an indoor pool, and rental spaces. The Olathe Community Center also offers safe and fun childcare services for children ages 6 months to 5 years, so members and non-members don’t have to miss a workout.
Membership packages are available for individuals, families, seniors and military personnel. There are no contracts, enrollment fees, or penalties to cancel
Stop by the Olathe Community Center, located on the corner of Ridgeview Rd. and Kansas City Rd., for a tour or to start your membership today.