The Snow Brigade operates as a volunteer service for qualifying elderly or disabled Olathe residents who request snow removal assistance.
Volunteers are activated within 24 to 48 hours when two inches, or more, of snow accumulates.
Apply for Snow Removal Service
- Call 913-971-8788 or email SGBannister@OlatheKS.org to learn more about qualifying factors and to request an application for snow removal assistance.
Volunteer to Serve
- Apply to be a volunteer online by filling out Individual Volunteer Application and select Snow Brigade under volunteer interests.
- Applications are processed from Nov. 1 through Nov. 30. Applications received after Nov. 30 of each year will be placed on a waiting list.
- Documentation is required for every adult living in the household to verify age (62 years of age or older) or disability (verified with a SS Disability letter, letter from a medical professional, etc.).
- Matches are based on availability of volunteers. Every effort is made to recruit volunteers to serve all qualified locations, but matches are not guaranteed.